Tuesday, August 31, 2010

B-B-Q!!



Who doesn't love a BBQ?? Saturday I attended a BBQ and pool party with hubby tagging along for grins. This was a fundraiser for a young man who has been diagnosed with lung cancer and is a dear friend of Zoey's mom (Kara). You all know Zoey! So we had to go and of course, I had to take my camera.

I must say, I don't know Matt, but he must be one pretty phenomenal guy! So many people attended and gave freely to help him and his little girl. Amazing group of people. His mom and brother were also in attendance, as well as his little girl. Matt could not make it with all that he is undergoing now. The band that performed was "Exit Plan" and they were AWESOME! Jeff Furst played a solo set first and thought for a moment it was hubby up there taking over the microphone. So, you know I loved Jeff's set!

The image above is a few of Matt's friends who bought the T-shirt with his artwork on the front, website on the back. Yes, I do have mine and love it! By the way, all you friends of Matt out there... your body art is incredible!! I was extremely impressed with all the gorgeous (is that the proper word?) tats.

All the pictures I took Saturday are available on DVD from Kara for $10. Every cent goes to Matt.

Matt, our family's prayers are with you and your family as you battle this enemy. I don't know you, but I have been moved by all who love you.

No comments: